***This is NOT A SANDORKRAUT EVENT***
Focus on Fermentation Intensive
July 28, 2012 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Whole Foods in Cupertino
20955 Stevens Creek Blvd
$65 per person
Learn the ancient art of fermentation! Fermented foods can boost your immune system, aid your digestion and increase your vitality. They are surprisingly simple to make – and not nearly as stinky as you might think. This class will introduce you to the basics of fermentation including: dairy free cheese and yogurts, and vegetables such as sauerkraut and carrot spears. You will also learn to make fun drinks like kombucha and vegan kefir.
The class includes breakfast, lunch, many samples and 30+ page handout packet.
In this Intensive you will learn:
* What are probiotics and healthy bacteria
* Why fermented foods are a critically important addition to a healthy lifestyle
* How to make a natural soda
* How to dice, mince, chiffonade and use knives with skill.
* How fermented foods can help you preserve your garden\’s bounty
* How simple it is to make your own vegan cheese and yogurt
* Uses for sauerkraut that will amaze you